Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Why I am traveling to Istanbul

This past Spring I noticed that the World History Association posted on their website a scholarly symposium for October 2010 in Istanbul.  The subject captured my attention: Byzantine and Ottoman Civilizations in World History.  I thought, why not?  Of course, leaving for a week during the school year is typically a non-starter for teachers.  Even so, I asked my bosses at Saint Stephen's Episcopal School, Mrs. Pullen and Dr. Watts, for permission.  Their responses were enthusiastically positive. 

So with plane tickets, guidebooks, and a ton of suggestions from people who have visited Istanbul, I prepare for my adventure.  This blog is intended for a wide audience, which includes friends, family, colleagues, and students.   I encourage readers to follow my travels and to add comments.  I tend to be a social person who meets new people easily, but I want to keep in touch with the friends I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment