Saturday, October 23, 2010

Walls of Constantinople

In the Chora Church I met two visitors.  They were trying to guess the Bible stories that accompanied each image in the church.  I added my ideas, and together the three of us went around the church trying to figure out the iconographic images. 

I was hoping to make friends at the church because I had no idea how to get back to the central part of the Old City.  My taxi ride out to Chora was a rip-off, and I hadn't the money with me at the time to repeat that half of my adventure. 

They quickly agreed to share a taxi, but first they wanted to walk the neighborhood.  It is a relatively poor section of Istanbul with the old city walls right nearby. 

2 comments:

  1. Getting lost and making friends is one of the most treasured parts of traveling, in my opinion. It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself, and I love learning new things through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your posts and especially the pix have been magnifique! Jay

    ReplyDelete